No matter where you are on your life journey, setbacks can cause disappointment and a loss of momentum.
Whether it’s a new career you’re working towards, a new business venture, or an overall appreciation of life, every step towards fulfillment can seem financially, emotionally, or psychologically draining from time to time.
To boost your confidence, here’s a list of the top 10 strategies and tips to keep you motivated and passionate, no matter what life throws your way:
1. Purpose. Whenever you’re feeling discouraged or disappointed, always remember your original purpose. Reminding yourself of the original reason for venturing down your path in the first place will help refresh your mind when things go sideways.
2. Planning. Though you may think that you’ve done enough planning towards the fulfillment of your goal, thinking it through again will help eliminate aspects of your plan of action that may be causing you setbacks. Put all your thoughts down on paper, from the smallest details to the largest details.
• Being able to see the timeline of your mission will help you focus on taking one step at a time to reach your goals.
3. Acceptance. Accepting that you’re a human being who’s bound to have ups and downs is absolutely crucial to your success. Without this self-acceptance, you’ll be subject to a foggy mind that’s unable to think positively, clearly, and innovatively.
• Acceptance of what hasn’t worked in the past helps you gain a better knowledge of what will work in the future.
4. Reward. When your motivation starts to wean, it’s crucial to give yourself rewards along the way. This is one of the best ways to stay motivated on your path to success.
By giving yourself a taste of what you’re working for – whether it’s financial freedom, career responsibility, or your dream lifestyle – you won’t feel like you’re working so hard for nothing. This refreshes your mind, re-ignites your passion and helps you work more productively.
5. Health. You know what this entails: moderate exercise, a healthy diet, at least 8 hours of sleep per night. Feeling worn-down will make it almost impossible to pursue your goals and vision with the same clarity and vigor you had when you first set out.
• Take care of your basic needs first, and you’ll be strong enough to pursue your dreams.
6. Motivation. Indulge in motivational books, videos, workshops, and courses. Sometimes hearing motivational tips from a different perspective can greatly motivate you to act and succeed. It’s important to feed your mind with things that motivate you.
• Find a source or two that touches you in some way and keep them close for those moments when you feel discouraged. After all, we all get discouraged at one time or another.
7. Organization. Ever feel depressed and worn out, and then you clean your surroundings and instantly feel more focused and motivated? The same applies to your goal. Organize and clean house when it comes to the operation of your goal. Are your success tools and resources organized for easy access and use? Is your email overloaded with a bunch of distracting junk?
• Organizing yourself gives you a fresh start and a feeling of clarity. In doing so, you’ll be able to attack your short and long-term goals more vigorously and effectively.
8. Refresh. Refresh your plan with something new. It could be a different tactic, setting, or career. Whatever it is, break out of the pattern you’re in and try something new. Even if this new tactic doesn’t yield positive results immediately, at the very least it will make you aware of the availability of your options. Your comfort zone could be holding you back. Go ahead. Try something new!
9. Networking. Reach out to people in your industry or those who share common goals. You can do this a number of ways: attend professional networking events, join a membership organization, talk to existing contacts that may have already succeeded in what you aspire to achieve, seek a mentor.
• Having someone to voice your fears, struggles, questions, and experience to will invigorate you to keep moving forward.
10. Action. Taking action, despite doubts and setbacks, will further your progress. By moving on, despite any pessimistic thoughts, you will motivate yourself by the sheer momentum of doing something proactive to change your circumstances. Execution is important. You can not expect results if you never take action. You have to do the work that is necessary to reach your goals. Don’t just write them down and put them away….. execute them, one by one.
Whenever you feel like your progress has stalled, or you simply want some quick inspiration, look to these 10 powerful words and strategies to spur you on. You’re sure to find something to get you back on track toward success!